The International Federation for Theatre Research exists to promote collaboration and the exchange of information between individuals and organisations concerned with theatre research. To this end the Federation supports conferences and publications and assists its members in all such activities and projects.
Member Sign In
The International Federation for Theatre Research exists to facilitate communication and exchange between scholars of theatre and performance research throughout the world through its conference events and publishing activities. Founded in 1957, the Federation currently boasts members from 44 countries and from all continents. It holds annual international conferences, regional conferences, and research working group symposia. It owns a leading international journal (Theatre Research International) and publishes two major book series in collaboration with Palgrave Macmillan and Rodopi.
- To organise international conferences and symposia.
- To establish working groups for specific research projects.
- To assist memberes to obtain grants for their work from foundations, trusts, and other grant-making bodies.
- To assist in organising societies for theatre research.
- To submit to the authorities of all countries the desirability of creating and maintaining courses, institutes and chairs of theatre research.
- To publish the work of its members in peer-reviewed books series and a major international journal.